Prospecting Vacations - Find gold and gems on your next ...

Located at The Julian Mining Company in Wynola, the old-fashioned mining camp will offer re-enactors,, an arts and crafts market, food and drink, a petting zoo, and old-fashioned laundry, free parking and plenty of family fun.

[Chat Online Or Get Price...]

Gem and Gold | Colorado | Colorado Springs Lodging

Gem & Gold Panning. Ghost Town Museum. Posted June 11th, 2012 by Manitou Chamber & filed under Gem & Gold Panning, Museums, Pikes Peak Attractions, Play. ... Website sponsored by the Colorado …

Colorado Mine Tours | Colorado.com

Colorado Mine Tours. showing {{lowerRange}} - {{upperRange}} of {{resultsCount}} listings. sort by: alpha | random {{result.name}} ... Plan your Colorado vacation now. Get a free vacation guide. Industry Partners; Welcome Centers; Meetings Professionals; Tour Groups; Order a Guide; Visitor Information;

Salida Colorado Rockhounding and Mineral Collecting in the ...

The Columbine Gem and Mineral Society offers outings and excursions to sites around Chaffee County. Brown's Canyon District. The fluorspar mining district at Brown's Canyon was ranked among the top U.S. fluorspar districts during the first half of the 20th century. The 20 mines in the district produced over $5 million in fluorspar.

Reality-show prospecting meets reality in Colorado – The ...

In the reality TV series “Prospectors,” gem hunters on a peak in central Colorado face the dangers of high-altitude lightning, rock falls, cave-ins and whiteouts while digging for valuable ...

Getting the dirt on Colorado’s precious stones | CPR

Gems and precious metals hidden in Colorado's landscape are getting plenty of ... Self and other prospectors file claims to various areas within the state where only they can mine for stones. ...

Gemstone Mining in the United States - Geology

Home » Gemstones » Gemstone Mining in the United States. ... Aquamarine is the state gemstone of Colorado, and it is mostly found at high elevations on Antero Mountain. ... The first commercial gemstone mine in the United States that was operated by miners who were not Native Americans was at Mount Mica, Maine.

Colorado Earth Science: The Crystal Peak Gem Company

· In 1908, A. B. Whitmore established the Crystal Peak Gem Company north of Crystal Peak, a successful mining operation that developed mineral property. The Crystal Peak Gem Company mined precious and semi-precious gemstones in the pegmatite cavities found on Crystal Peak. The company was incorporated in Wyoming.

Topaz Mountain Gem Mine (Matucat Road deposits), Park Co ...

The Topaz Mountain Gem mine is located in the Tarryall Mountains, a rugged, forested area that includes parts of Pike National Forest and the Lost Creek Wilderness. Starting in about 1990, Walt Rubeck, of Colorado Springs, located and developed 2 placer mining claims and set up a small, seasonal business that included a museum and store.

logo - www.iRocks.com Fine Minerals from Robert Lavinsky

Colorado Gem Mines - Famous Mineral Localities. . Gem Mines, Crystal Peak Area, Colorado. Amazonite and smoky quartz from Colorado. Jeff Starr Collection. Joe Budd Photo. Nestled high up in the Colorado Rockies near Crystal Peak is a mining area known for its fabulous teal blue Amazonite and smoky quartz crystal combinations.

Our Mines / Mine Trips | Gem Mountain

The Brushy Creek Mine is Gem Mountain's primary source of aquamarine. Operations at the mine include the use of pneumatic tools by our staff to break apart large pieces of rock in order to locate and mine the aquamarine. Once the gemstone is free of the rock, it can be collected, cleaned off, and sorted for size, shape, and color.

Public Gold, Gem $ Mineral Mines in Colorado

Public Gold & Gem Mines in Colorado Colorado is a beautiful state with fascinating geology. There is an abundant variety of gems and minerals that are found in …

Buena Vista Gem Works - Gemstones, Gems, Colorado ...

In business for 40 years now, Buena Vista Gem Works brings you interesting information about gemstones, mineral collecting, agates, and beautiful crystals. Buena Vista Gem Works specializes in bringing you fine quality cut stones, custom faceting, and jewelry, but we also love minerals.

Best 30 Gem Mining in Denver, CO with Reviews - YP.com

Denver, CO; Gem Mining; Gem Mining in Denver, CO. About Search Results. About Search Results. YP - The Real Yellow Pages SM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria. These factors are similar to ...

Lake George, Colorado Collecting Trip, April, 2006

After the Spring Denver Mineral Show, I ventured southwest, into the Rocky Mountains, invited by Stephen and Tara. Our mutual friend Joe Dorris honored us with a unique invitation to dig at his newly acquired claim, the famous "Topaz Mountain Gem Mine".

Gem Mountain, the best Gem Mining family spot in NC. | Gem ...

Come to Gem Mountain for an adventure, experience the excitement and joy of prospecting for gemstones in a welcoming, family friendly environment in the mountains of North Carolina.

Colorado Mine Tours & Gold Rush Towns | Colorado.com

Visitors can follow the Colorado Gold Trail, a scenic tour of gold rush towns and gold and silver mines that flourished in the boom of the late 1850s. Towns on the trail include Boulder , Black Hawk , Central City , Idaho Springs , Breckenridge , Fairplay , Alma , Como and Leadville .

Top 7 Places to Go Gem Hunting On Your Next Family ...

Emerald Hollow Mine is the only emerald mine in the United States open to public prospecting. You’ll sit at one of three sluiceways, where you can pick over buckets taken directly from the mine.

USA Mines For Sale - MineListings.com

Eureka Saturday Night Hard Rock Mine. Gold Mine For Sale. Located in Colorado, USA. Hard Rock Mine with projected Total Probable and Possible Gold and Silver deposits worth almost $1.2 bil … Historic French Corral Mine. Fully permitted, recently producing California gold mine in the historically highest gold producing county in California.

Prospecting and Digging Crystals at Devils Head, Colorado ...

· Prospecting and Digging Crystals at Devils Head, Colorado ... Prospecting Smoky Quartz Crystals at Devils Head Colorado ... The "Key Wonder Pocket" at the "Wonderland" Mining Claim, Lake George ...

Best 14 Gem Mining in Colorado Springs, CO with Reviews ...

Colorado Springs, CO; Gem Mining; Gem Mining in Colorado Springs, CO. About Search Results. About Search Results. YP - The Real Yellow Pages SM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria. These ...

Top Spots For Gem Hunting In The US - International Gem ...

When you think of mining for the “big four” gemstones — diamond, ruby, sapphire, and emerald — it’s easy to imagine places like India, South Africa, and Colombia. However, you can find these stones and many others at plenty of gem hunting spots in the United States.

Gem Mines and Mining - Franklin Chamber of Commerce

Tiffany’s showed an interest in the area in the 1890’s but two other companies, American Prospecting & Mining Co. and US Ruby Mining Co., began work hoping to find the source of the rubies found in the corundum mines. Both companies ended the search in the early part of the 20th century leaving the area open to rockhounds and gem enthusiasts.

Mining Jobs, Employment in Colorado | Indeed.com

Be the first to see new Mining jobs in Colorado. My email: Also get an email with jobs recommended just for me. Company with Mining jobs. Spectrum. Spectrum is the nation’s fastest-growing TV, Internet and Voice company, with over 90,000 employees country-wide. Jobs (210) Reviews (11,096)

A Visitor's Guide to Colorado Gemstones - International ...

Anyone interested in gems and geology will enjoy the Geology Museum at the Colorado School of Mines. Nestled in the hills of Golden, CO, this museum features two floors of amazing mineral, gem, fossil, and rock specimens.

Gemstones | Colorado Geological Survey

Colorado has more than thirty varieties of gemstones. The largest faceted diamond produced in the United States (16.87 carats) was found in Colorado. The official state gemstone is aquamarine, a beautiful blue mineral mostly found around the 13,000 foot level on Mount Antero.

How to Pan for Gemstones in Colorado Rivers & Streams ...

· Promising spots around Colorado conceal many types of gems, including topaz, aquamarine, rhodochrosite, amazonite and smoky quartz. ... Choose a good mining site, get your equipment, brush up on ...

Colorado Mining Claims for Sale - Land in Salida.com

Mining claims and remote mountain property in Salida, Colorado. First Colorado Land Office, Inc. specializes in mining claims for sale in Salida, Colorado, Chaffee County, San Luis Valley, Lake County, Buena Vista, Collegiate Peaks, and surrounding areas.

Mineralstar Mining - Buy Mining Claims, Custom Claims ...

Owning your own mining claim provides worry-free peace of mind and is much easier and less expensive than most people think. At Mineralstar Mining we offer quality claims at …

A Visitor's Guide to Colorado Gemstones - International ...

Anyone interested in gems and geology will enjoy the Geology Museum at the Colorado School of Mines. Nestled in the hills of Golden, CO, this museum features two floors of amazing mineral, gem, fossil, and rock specimens.

Colorado | Find gold and gems on your next vacation

Find gold and gems on your next vacation Biggest online listings of day and week prospecting vacation spots. If you want to look for Gold an Gems, this is the place to find your adventure.

Topaz Mountain Gem Mine (Matucat Road deposits), Park Co ...

The Topaz Mountain Gem mine is located in the Tarryall Mountains, a rugged, forested area that includes parts of Pike National Forest and the Lost Creek Wilderness. Starting in about 1990, Walt Rubeck, of Colorado Springs, located and developed 2 placer mining claims and set up a small, seasonal business that included a museum and store.

Sandy Creek Mining Company

The Sandy Creek Mining Company, Inc. is the wholesale builder and supplier of mining equipment and products used in gemstone panning operations. We provide goods and services to tourist attractions around the world. Our company takes pride in having provided …

Mining in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Wikipedia

In the mid th century, Colorado Springs was a center of mining industry activity.Coal was mined in 50 mines in the area and towns, now annexed to Colorado Springs, were established to support residents of the coal mining industry.

Rockhounding-related Web Sites in Colorado

Rockhounding Websites in Colorado. Table of Contents. Attractions; Cabinets, Stands and Supplies ... (Joseph Dorris) - Specializing in Colorado minerals and mining The Mineral Company - (Anne M. Black) MPH Minerals - ... Colorado Rockhounding - The largest Colorado rockhounding website on the 'Net! Gem & Mineral Research: ...

Gold Panning Country Boy Mine Breckenridge Colorado

You are welcome to pan for gold for an hour or an afternoon depending on your gold fever. Find, collect, and keep your riches and take them home, a memorable Colorado souvenir! Relive your own Colorado gold rush at the Country Boy Mine. Visit the general store which features various gold panning supplies and informative gold panning books.

Rocky Mountain Gem and Mineral CO-OP

Rocky Mountain Gem and Mineral CO-OP. I need one of these! Enter Online Store. Home Shop Home Decor ... Rocky Mountain Gems and Minerals recently acquired the Colorado Mineral and Fossil Fall Show from Marty Zinn Expos. The show has been running for the last 35 years at the Ramada in Denver, CO.

Colorado Gem & Mineral Co.

Welcome to Colorado Gem & Mineral Company Welcome to the website of Colorado Gem and Mineral Co. We offer crystalized minerals, gems and collectibles in all price ranges, at affordable prices and we've been in business for 40+ years.

Mineral Classics - Colorado Minerals!

The Chalcopyrites from this mine are a staple of any good Colorado mineral collection. This beautiful thumbnail specimen features incredibly sharp, amazingly well-formed, metallic, brassy-gold colored twinned crystals of Chalcopyrite with a beautiful patina. A small gem quality Quartz crystal can be seen jutting out of the back of the piece.

Fee Mining and Digging for Gems, Minerals, Gold, Crystals

Fee Mining and Digging for Gems, Minerals, Gold, Crystals Click a green state or blue link text to view fee mining locations Fee mining sites are places where you can pay a fee to dig, pan, or search for rocks, minerals or gemstones and keep whatever you find.